2008 m. gegužės 12 d., pirmadienis

SELF-ASSESSMENT OF ESP LEARNING

WRITING SKILLS
I think that my writing skills are quite good, my preparation is not as perfect as possible, but I think it is better than last term. On my view, my summaries are better than last term because I have spent much time for preparing for it. For me this task is quite difficult, because it is a bit difficult to remember the material. Self-designed tests are the most interesting tasks and for me it is the best way to repeat the material. Next, dictations are quite difficult for me, and I can not avoid spelling, grammar and punctuation errors. Finally, contributions to weblogs are both interesting and quite difficult, because it is quite difficult to avoid any errors however the preparation is very interesting.

SPEAKING SKILLS
In my opinion, my speaking skills are good, but I can not avoid all pronunciation errors, I can understand the whole, but particular words for me are unknown. Participation in class discussions and speaking in pairs help me to expand my vocabulary, to understand other people. Presentations are good way to repeat modules, to know new information. I hope that this term my preparation is better, because this work need a lot of work.

LISTENING SKILLS
I think, that it is the most difficult tasks of all. Some listening activities in class are quite successful, but some of them are not as successful as I want. Listening to podcast was not the easiest task, but it was successful for me. I understand that I need to improve my listening skill and do more listening activities outside the class.

READING SKILLS
In my opinion, my reading skills are quite good. While I am reading I can understand the whole, but to understand reading tasks exactly I always need vocabulary. It involves all tasks: home reading, class reading, reading comprehension exercises, computer tasks. Reading is very good way to improve not only vocabulary skills, but also writing skills and speaking skills.

Komentarų nėra: