2008 m. gruodžio 1 d., pirmadienis

END-OF-ESP COURSE SELF ASSESSMENT (CONTRIBUTIONS TO WEBLOGS)


Writing (a summary): I had some difficulties, when I had to find the main points of the text. Generally, I understand the structure of the analytical and restatements summaries, but however I can not avoid spelling and grammar mistakes. Nevertheless, my performance is not bad and I will try to do my best in my English exam.

Writing ESP vocabulary tests: I have learned a lot of new information, new definitions. I am happy about my performance, because I have spent quite a lot of time for learning the material. This year it is quite difficult to learn all information from e.g. five modules together, but it is very useful for our future exam, when we will have to remember all information from all modules.

Writing class dictations (comprehension questions before the listening practice): my performance was not very good at this task, it was difficult to remember whole sentence and write it without mistakes. I did grammar and spelling mistakes, especially in new words, also often I lost some words.

Listening comprehension in class: sometimes it was quite easy to understand the text, but when speaker talked very quickly it was hard to understand the text and avoid mistakes. When we heard the record twice it was easier to understand and change some answers if necessary. However I am happy about my performance, because I am in progress.

Listening to peers’ power point presentations: I performed well in this task, because I could understand more a less all information. However, it was difficult to understand specific words, but I could understand the whole.

Making power point presentations: It was the most interesting task for me, because the theme was very interesting. It was interesting to make some practice, but difficult to translate the practical material from Lithuanian language into English. But I have not other choice, because the game was described only in Lithuanian books. I am happy about my performance, because my hard work was evaluated.

Speaking on ESP themes in class: This task was not difficult. It was always interesting to make a discussion, when you could say your opinion. I was quite active and I am happy about my performance.

Komentarų nėra: